Acorns Can Poison Our Pets ~ RSPCA Advice

Monday 17th October 2016:


It's that time of year when nature provides her bounty of fruit and nuts. Many birds, and some mammals like squirrels, need the acorns that fall from oak trees during the autumn as an important food source. However, acorns are poisonous to some of our most loved pets and farm animals. Quercus, or acorn poisoning, can be fatal for dogs and horses; and cattle and sheep are most often affected.

Read more at:
https://blogs.rspca.org.uk/insights/2015/11/11/fallen-acorns-can-poison-our-pets/#.WASeqySdjIV